Yeast infection or candidiasis is a condition due to fungal infection, which can affect both genders but is more prominent in women. The fungus causing the condition is known as Candida albicans, which is naturally present on the skin in small quantities. This fungus can cause infection when it starts to multiply in number and there are various conditions that can cause this multiplication.
The various factors or causes include the following:
Top 2 Yeast Infection Treatments We Recommend
Synthetic and tight clothing can hold sweat, heat and moisture particularly in the crotch area. The moisture and heat can then trigger the multiplication of yeast, thus resulting to an infection. Wearing dirty underwear can also trigger yeast infection. Hence, it is necessary to make sure that you change your underwear on a daily basis.
In case you are required to wear tight clothing, you have to make sure that you get rid of it as soon as you get home and take a shower in order to prevent the development of yeast infection. Bear in mind that wearing tight clothing is considered as one of the most common causes of the infection in women.
A weak immune system is another common cause of the condition. Weakened immune system can be due to various reasons like malnutrition, illness or excessive amount of stress. The result of a weak immune system is the multiplication of Candida albicans, thus resulting to yeast infection. Stress is considered as one of the common causes of weak immune system, thus making it necessary to learn different stress management techniques like relaxation exercises or yoga.
Individuals who are suffering from diabetes are also at risk of developing fungal infection, and this is due to the increased amount of sugar in their body. Remember that high amount of sugar can cause yeast to grow faster. Diabetes is considered as a chronic cause of yeast infection for both men and women that is why maintaining proper hygiene is highly recommended for diabetes patients.
Some people also develop yeast infection due to the consumption of antibiotics. In case you are developing the condition due to the antibiotic that you are consuming, it would be best to ask your physician for an alternative medication. However, yeast infection due to antibiotics is more common in women than in men.
Having a sexual intercourse with a man or a woman infected by the condition can also result to an infection. Sexual intercourse is considered as one of the most common causes of yeast infection in men, although it is not considered as a sexually transmitted disease. Nonetheless, if one is affected by the condition, the partner should be encouraged for a check-up to determine if only one or both partners are infected and to acquire proper treatment.
Yeast is commonly found in baked goods. Although both types of yeasts are different, individuals who consume baked products excessively are also prone to developing the infection. As much as possible, make sure that you control the amount of baked products that you consume in your diet in order to avoid the condition. The intake of sugar should also be controlled, as sugar serves as food for yeast and high amount of sugar can trigger yeast development.
If you are unaware of the symptoms of yeast infection, here are some of the most prevalent signs of the condition:
- Burning sensation
- Pain in the affected area
- Cheese-like discharge
Most individuals affected by the condition can acquire treatment through OTC ointments and creams. However, it is still necessary to consult the physician to determine the most suitable treatment depending on the severity of the condition.
In case you are experiencing vomiting, chills and fever along with an infection, immediate medical attention is necessary. You should also know that yeast infection is not exclusive to male or female genitalia, as it could also occur on the face or in the mouth.
The signs of oral yeast infection or oral thrush include the presence of red or white patches in or around the oral cavity or the mouth. This condition is often seen in individuals suffering from diabetes or those who are consuming certain medications or following a poor diet.
Consulting a physician is also necessary prior to treating oral thrush in order to prevent any complications. Oral thrush can also be transmitted through breastfeeding and the help of a physician is of utmost importance in such cases.
How Do You Get A Yeast Infection?
How to obtain a yeast infection? The vagina creates its own environment, manages its own balance of microorganisms. If these organizations take advantage of the balance between yeast, infection is the result. For example, when the fungus Candida Albicans disorder that balance, create and then multiply and the result is a vaginal yeast infection. The natural balance of these microorganisms can be disturbed by a variety of causes A yeast infection may be caused by the following factors:
- By the excessive use of antibiotics which can destroy the good bacteria that help protect the vagina. Pendant or after the use of antibiotics, vaginal yeast infection can develop, especially if you take antibiotics for other minor conditions such as the throat STREPs.
- The steroids are other medication that may cause infection.
- Those with diabetes have a lesser glycogen store in their cells virginals. Diabetes can also cause an increase in the sugar content of their vagina which may increase the risk of developing a yeast infection.
- Those with weakened immune system can develop a yeast infection that might include those with AIDS, pregnancy, cancer, chemotherapy or anyone taking medication that weaken the immune system.
- A yeast infection is also aggregated by the body changes such as ovulation, menopause, pregnancy, oral contraceptives and hormone therapy.
- Underwear that is tight or materials other than cotton underwear can increase the temperature, humidity and local irritation in the vagina and may lead to infection.
- Use showers or female spray has known to cause yeast infections.
- Tiny scratches in the vagina can also cause a yeast infection as when inserting a buffer.
How To Reduce The Conditions?
Now that you know, how you can get a yeast infection, let’s look at ways to reduce the conditions. Many of these conditions you can control like the unnecessary use of antibiotics, poorly controlled diabetes, wearing tight adjust and non-absorbent trousers or underwear that hold in heat and humidity, using any talc’s or perfumes, vaginal region feminine hygiene sprays, shower vagina or from intrauterine devices.
Unfortunately, there are conditions that you cannot control such as:
- An impaired immune system that affects the capacity of organizations to maintain a normal balance in organizations in the vagina,
- Pregnancies, which modifies hormone levels in your body and the balance of organisms in the vagina.
- Diabetes, which affects the normal balance of organisms in the vagina due to a change in sugar levels in the blood.
Although the yeast infections are not transmitted sexually, you may be at an increased risk of developing an imbalance in organizations, particularly when consider you the risk factors for disease sexually.
How do get you a yeast infection may be outside of your control, however, taking the above mentioned preventions and keep a watch on your particular condition during periods, where your physical conditions are changing fast and easy treatments are available to cure this condition.